Google AdSense is an advertising placement service by Google in which website owners can display advertisements on Web sites and earn revenue. It serves automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to site content and audience.This can easily be integrated into any site. There are two ways to make money from AdSense:
- Impressions – this is based on the number of page views of pages or posts with ads
- Clicks – this is based on how many people click on the ads.
Register for a new account
To add Google AdSense to your WordPress site, the first thing you need to do is to register for a new account.
Go through 3 steps of the registration process(follow the on-screen instructions). After completing the sigh up process, Google may take 6-8 hours to review your AdSense application. Wait for their confirmation email to proceed.
Login to your AdSense dashboard and create ads
Once your application is approved,log into your AdSense account and go to My Ads > New ad unit. Fill the name, size, type, and style. Click on preview to see how each ad size looks in an actual page. After filling the fields, click “Save and get code” at the bottom of the page.Copy your ad code and save it in a text editor such as Notepad.
Placing Ad on your site
How to place the ad code in your HTML website
Once you’ve copied the ad code paste it between the <body> and </body> tags of your your page.
How to Add Google Adsense in Blogger post
1: Go to your blogger dashboard >> Template. Click on Edit HTML button.
2: Press Ctrl+F and search for <data:post.body/>. You might find this code more than one time but, you’ve to work with the second one.Now place the below code just above <data:post.body/>
3: Click on Save Template button. Now open your blog post. The Adsense Ad unit placed below post title.
How to Add Google Adsense in Drupal
In Drupal you can add AdSense using both module and by creating the block.
How to do it with module
- Download the drupal google adsense module ( http://drupal.org/project/adsense ). Put the extracted google adsense module in the sites/all/modules directory of your drupal installation
“adsense core” and “managed ads” .
- Go to > administer > site configuration > adsense to configure the adsense module. Click on “publisher ID”. save configuration
- Now click on “Managed ads”. Fill in a 1 here and click save configuration.
- Now go to administer > site building > blocks
You will see an unconfigured adsense block, put that on a location where you want it and click on “Save Blocks”.
Click configure next to the the adsense block. You can add a title and description here.
- Click Save block and you should have an ad on your page now.
How to Add Google Adsense in wordpress sidebar
You can add the Ads in your sidebar by using WordPress widgets.
Simply go to Appearance » Widgets in your WordPress admin area. Under “Available Widgets,” look for the option “Text” (Arbitrary text or HTML) and drag it into a widget section. paste the ad code in the field labeled as “Content”. Click “Save”
How to Add Google Adsense in Yola
1. Log into your admin. >> Click Widgets.
2. On the drop-down menu, click Ecommerce.
3. Drag and drop a Google AdSense widget onto your page.
4. Paste the code in the dialog box on your Yola site and save.