When you are about to launch your own website, the first thing that will come to your mind is how can you make it live for the world to see. If you are planning to set up your own hosting server, it will take time and can cost a lot that is why a web hosting provider can ease up the difficulties of hosting your own website. When you pick the right web hosting provider for your website, you are sure to develop success. You may have the best website complete with professional look but if your site goes down at all times, your site can be just as meaningless as a useless website. It is essential to pick the right web hosting service which not only let’s you save more, but will also allow you to earn more. Below, are the ways you can pick the right web hosting solution for your website.
1. Learn about Web Hosting
You won’t know what is the best web hosting for your website until you know a thing or two about web hosting. For starters, there are a few varieties of web hosting.
- There is shared web hosting which is the cheapest web hosting available with the least tinkering required. Shared web hosting is great when you know nothing about site maintenance as it will you learn these things along the way.
- Another variety of web hosting is called Virtual Private Server or VPS. VPS is the gateway to dedicated hosting (more on this later). It lets you know more about web hosting because you will be entitled with a virtual server of your own. You need to add components, cms, and any other stuffs needed to get a web hosting up and running. A bit ideal for large sites or if you have extensive knowledge in web hosting and certainly not recommended for beginners.
- Both VPS and shared web hosting use a single server that is shared to several subscribers of that company. Performance is always the problem of sharing a lot of users in one server. When one subscriber is affected, others will have issues as well. Dedicated hosting is the powerhouse of web hosting. Web hosting providers will let you rent your own server. Nobody but you will use the server that is why it is the fastest kind of web hosting. However dedicated web hosting is the most expensive hosting.
2. Know what your website needs
When you’re new, its hard to guess your web hosting requirements but you need to because this is also one of the ways you can know more about your website and web hosting. In this way, you are able to choose a solution that will match your goals. To know more about your website and other web hosting requirements, participate in forums, web talks, and web hosting reviews site. Most web hosting providers also have knowledge base you can read for free which discuss mostly on web hosting and different things you have to know like bandwidth, disk space, data transfer and even developing your own script.
3. Shortlist web hosting providers
List down every web hosting provider you know and determine which hosting provider will be able to meet your website needs. If you don’t have any idea what to choose, choose the ones that are recommended most by web hosting reviewers, your mentor, or those that have great reputations when it comes to web hosting. Know how their customer reacts to their service by reading consumer reviews. Know also their state as a competitor of other web hosting sites to know what kind of web hosting provider it is you are dealing with.
When your list goes down to 3, further research your list and make sure it is stable and capable enough to host your site. Do a search using their company name to see how the customer reacts to their services. It is also a great deal if you research about how many websites are hosted each web hosting provider and learn if the server has frequent downtimes. Frequent downtimes is an indication that their server have not been upgraded to meet subscriber demands. Check their customer support, live-chat is is a must, check if they have their own data center or if they are renting another company’s web hosting space. Check the equipments, check their capabilities, and most of all, check the monthly cost if you can afford it. You will be able to find money saving web hosting coupons.
4. Think about future developments
Your website will grow and develop in time. When your traffic increase, it needs to have additional bandwidth, when you have so many content, it may require additional disk space. Don’t think of getting a web hosting solution that offers a minimal system because it cannot accommodate future developments. When you are in a hosting company that have flexible plans, the upgrade process will be quicker and a lot cheaper. Chances are, the company will offer free migrating services should you need to shift to a better web hosting solution.
When you choose a web hosting solution for your website, know more about web hosting first before you choose any plan because in this way, you can learn more about web hosting and what your website will need. You need not to focus on one web hosting company because there might be better hosting deal than what your first choice have. You need to research about the different web hosting companies you are interested in so you know who what kind of company you are getting your website into. When choosing a web hosting package, take note of your website’s future development to save money. Choose a web hosting deal that will fit your budget and meets your expected requirements.
|Recommended hosting companies: Bluehost, WebHostingHub|