Facebook is the new trend in social media these days and because of that, it will be a great deal for advertising and making your business more interactive to your customers. With Facebook, you can do anything from updating what’s new, displaying recent activities through photos or news feeds or letting the people know where your business started through Facebook’s timeline. It is never to far from being one of the most effective tool in marketing. That is why we need to let the people know what we are up to, not in blogs but in social media like Facebook. Now all we need is to let our loyal readers know about recent happenings in Facebook by adding a Facebook status into our blog.
Before we start posting updates to our WordPress blog, here are some things you need to know about Facebook.
Reasons online businesses should use Facebook.
- A ton of potential customers are there are more than 900 million Facebook users all over the world.
- Posting a status update is a lot more inviting than doing it on a blog.
- Your business will feel a lot more customer friendly as you can respond to queries and customer issues quickly.
- The share and like function will get your blog and business to the top faster.
- Spend less on advertising online. No more PPCs and SEO for your business.
NOTE: This method won’t work in the free version of WordPress. Get a self-hosted WordPress blog. Find a best wordpress hosting provider who can meet you traffic spike.
This method will take advantage of the Facebook status feed and WordPress RSS widget. You can use this method or get another one that is better or more customized to your self-hosting needs.
- Login to your Facebook, then in the Mini Feed column located under profile, click on See All.
- Under Mini Feed Click on Status Stories located on the right column. Scroll all the way to the bottom then click on My Status.
- Copy the link on My Status by either going to the page and copying it on the address bar or right click on the link and then click on copy URL/address.
- Go to WordPress admin then navigate to Design then click on Widget.
- Look for RSS Widget then add this on your sidebar.
- Paste the copied URL under the Enter the RSS Feed URL, key in some important details like the name of your Facebook status widget and modify it based on your needs.
For you to make the most out of the internet, you have to be updated with the latest trends and current activities people are doing online so you can take advantage of whatever they are up to. If you aim for a better business, whether you like Facebook or not, you must know how it can take advantage in marketing your business or be left behind. Marketing strategy is not about what your business has, it is all about what you can do in your business which can help the consumers about what they need.